Sunday, May 3, 2009

firstRACE

so i did my first race today. wells ave crit, 12 miles, .8 mi loop, cat 4 and 5 riders i believe. we averaged probably about 24 mph or so, but i forgot to reset my comp cause i was all nervous and not having a clue as to what was happening. all in all it went pretty well considering i had no clue what i was doing other than just trying not to get dropped from the first pack of riders. great success in that respect. definitely learned a lot and it was nice to just dive in and get my feet wet. i was doing pretty well and trying to move up on the last lap when i hit a sewer cover pretty good and my bars slipped in the stem and tilted forward which threw me for a loop and killed the momentum i was trying to build up. unfortunate but not the end of the world obvs. it wasnt like i was going to win or anything heh. cant wait to race again.

No comments:

Post a Comment